Winter Cross Country Season
Cross Country (XC) is our Winter Athletics season. It is family orientated and we encourage and allow all members of the family to participate. We run and race on all types of tracks … through puddles, bush trails, mud, and open grass and in all weather conditions.
We encourage all abilities and reward PB’s (personal bests). It’s not just how fast you run; it’s how much you can improve.
We participate in a number of team events, competition events and handicap races to add variety. To finish the season, we have a Championship race where all kids receive a medal or ribbon and a presentation night to cap off the season. Participation trophies are awarded to all children who have run a minimum of 8 events.
Each Saturday we will run events with the approximate distances:
Under 6 to Under 7 1000m
Under 8 to Under 9 1500m
Under 10 to Under 11 2000m
Under 12 to Under 16 3000m
Any changes to the schedule will be announced on Pakenham LAC Facebook, Team App and at weekly programs
Days and times to be confirmed
Most events will be held in the grass areas surrounding Edwin Flack reserve, Manuka Rd, Berwick. To make things interesting, we also run in local park lands such as Cardinia Reservoir, Lysterfield lake, Akoonah Park and Aranmore lake.
Open to ALL ages from 5-16 years. Mums, Dads and under 5s are invited to have a run/walk too but will need to sign a waiver.
– Improve your fitness or build fitness for other sports
– Be outdoors in winter, away from the computer/TV/phone screens
– Be with your friends and create new friends
– To be healthy, create good habits and improve yourself
– Training for Little Athletics Championships or School events
– Park run is too long or doesn’t offer enough variety
– Or just because you love running and being active!
– Already included in the annual membership for Registered athletes in 2021-2022 summer season.
– New members, only $85.00. Covers all our costs of running the season, insurance, season end trophies and medals/ribbons on our championship event.
– Small fee applies to those entering region/state events or open days
For further information please contact a committee member
Pakenham Little Athletics Club – firstname.lastname@example.org