What’s Cross Country?
Cross Country (XC) is our Winter Athletics season. It is family orientated and we encourage and allow all members of the family to participate. We run and race on all types of tracks … through puddles, bush trails, mud and open grass and in all weather conditions.
We encourage all abilities and reward PB’s (personal bests). It’s not just how fast you run, it’s how much you can improve.
We participate in a number of team events, competition events and handicap races to add variety. To finish the season, we have a Championship race where all kids receive a medal or ribbon and a presentation night to cap off the season. Participation trophies are awarded to all children who have run a minimum of 8 events.
Each Saturday we will run events with the approximate distances:
Under 6 to Under 7 1000m
Under 8 to Under 9 1500m
Under 10 to Under 11 2000m
Under 12 to Under 16 3000m
(Age as at 31st December 2018)
Week 1 27th April Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 2 4th May Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 3 11th May Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 4 18th May Casey Fields, Berwick–Cranbourne Rd, Cranbourne East
Week 5 25th May Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick (Handicap #1)
Week 6 1st June U9-16 XC relays, Cruden Farm, Langwarrin (U6-8 Troupes Creek)
Week 7 7th June Friday Twilight 4:30pm @ Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 8 15th June Akoonah Park, Cardinia St, Berwick
Week 9 22nd June U9-16 Region Championships, Venue TBC (U6-U8 Edwin Flack)
Week 11 6th July U9-16 State Road Relays, Sandown (U6-8 Troupes Creek)
Week 12 13th July Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick (Reverse track)
Week 13 20th July Aranmore lake, 100 Crawley Rd, Narre Warren North
Week 14 27th July Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick (Handicap #2)
Week 15 3rd Aug U9-16 State Championships, Lake Dewar, Myrniong (U6-U8 Lysterfield lake)
Week 16 10th Aug Cardinia Reservoir, Crystal Brookes Picnic area
Week 17 17th Aug Challenge – Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 18 24th Aug Championships – Edwin Flack, Manuka Rd, Berwick
Week 19 31st Aug Presentation Night 6pm-7:30pm
Any changes to the schedule will be announced on Pakenham LAC facebook, Team app and at weekly programs
Monday 4.30pm – 5.30pm @ Edwin Flack Reserve)
Wednesday 4.30pm – 5.30pm @ Edwin Flack Reserve
Most events will be held in the grass areas surrounding Edwin Flack reserve, Manuka Rd, Berwick. To make things interesting, we also run in local park lands such as Cardinia Reservoir, Lysterfield lake, Akoonah Park and Aranmore lake.
Open to ALL ages from 5-16 years. Mums, Dads and under 5s are invited to have a run/walk too but will need to sign a waiver.
· Improve your fitness or build fitness for other sports
· Be outdoors in winter, away from the computer/TV/phone screens
· Be with your friends and create new friends
· To be healthy, create good habits and improve yourself
· Training for Little Athletics Championships or School events
· Park run is too long or doesn’t offer enough variety
· Or just because you love running and being active!
- Registered athletes in 2018/19 summer season is already included annual membership
- New members, only $85.00 – covers all our costs of running the season, insurance, season end trophies and medals/ribbons on our championship event.
- Small fee applies to those entering region/state events or open days
For further information please contact: Andrea Carmody
Pakenham Little Athletics Clubpakenham@lavic.com.au